2110 East Mifflin Street
Madison - Wisconsin - 53704
Software developer with over ten years of professional experience and a solid foundation in physics, mathematics and computer science. Flexible and independent with a devotion to quality craftsmanship and communication.
Sun Certified Java Programmer
- Senior Developer, TDS Telecom, Madison, WI (Aug 2003 - Jun 2006)
(through Comprehensive Computer Consulting, Sun Prairie, WI)
Java architect/programmer for a large, confidential J2EE project. Details available on request.
- Lead Engineer / Director of Engineering, Skotos Tech Inc., Berkeley, CA (Mar 1999 - Jul 2003)
As lead engineer responsible for recruitment and team management, headed the design, implementation and deployment of a massively multi-user online virtual environment and development platform, including graphical clients on a multitude of platforms and web technologies, a natural language parsing and synthesis engine, procedural content generation, and a custom-made authentication/billing back-end with associated PHP-based browser front-end.
- Software Developer, WebWare Corp., Sausalito, CA (Dec 1998 - Mar 1999)
Wrote components for WebWare's multi-media asset management software in ObjectC under WebObjects; implemented a library for the analysis and construction of PDF files; firewalled the office LAN; installed Linux and Solaris machines running Oracle 8i.
- Project lead, Beehive Internet Technologies, Boston, MA (Oct 1995 - Sep 1996)
Led the design and implementation of the market-leading web chat server "ROOMS" which presented a shared virtual space to thousands of concurrent users, by way of HTML dynamically generated from templates and native HTTP service.
- Software Engineer, IFS Industrial and Financial Systems (Aug 1994 - Jan 1996)
Deployed the IFS modular business software system to clients, installing required hardware and Unix operating systems, installing and optimizing Oracle databases, and custom-tailoring the software for client-specific needs using C, Perl and PL/SQL.
- B. Sc. in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden (1990-1994)
- M. Sc. in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden (1996-1998)
Master's Thesis: "An Implementation of the Spacetime Constraints
Approach to the Synthesis of Realistic Motion".
- Java, C/C++/Objective C, PHP, Perl, Python, SQL and PL/SQL
- Python, Awk, sh/csh (shell scripts)
- Pascal, Smalltalk, Fortran, Scheme, LISP
- 680x0, 80x86 and 6502 Assembler
- Thorough familiary with techniques for rastering, transformation and projection, geometric modeling, rendering and shading, motion synthesis, animation, forward and inverse dynamics, real-time programming and physical simulation and control.
- Expert at developing multi-user online interactive
- Have at various times written clients and/or servers
HTTP, FTP, Telnet, POP3, SMTP, Finger, NNTP, NFS, DNS, and IRC
- Extensive experience with Oracle database systems
- Fifteen years of development and support under Unix: Linux, Solaris/SunOS, OSF1, HP-UX, FreeBSD and Irix.
- Five years of Visual C++ development and support under Win95/98/ME/2k/XP...
Last updated: July 2006